Supported Operating Systems...
Windows Server 2019
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 SP1 - strongly discouraged due IIS limitations,
but acceptable when pointing to another IIS server running on server OS.
Windows XP/Vista or Server 2000/2003/2008 - cannot be used as the server, not supported.
Minimum Hardware Requirements...
1 GHz or faster processor
4 GB of RAM
10 MB of available hard disk space (also 2.5 GB for .NET Framework 4.6.1)
Server must have a static IP on the LAN (also static IP on the Internet/WAN or VPN infrastructure when used for Internet filtering external clients)
Server should ideally have a wired Ethernet connection (not wireless)
Installation on existing domain controller is acceptable.
Separate server and LAN/VLAN/SSID is strongly suggested to mitigate security risks when used for public or open wireless networks.
Any device with a TCP/IP connection is considered a client and can resolve DNS records through the DNS Redirector server.
Windows, Apple/Mac, Linux/Unix, Playstation/Xbox, Tablet/eBook readers, Android devices, iPhone/iPad, etc.
Suggested method: Scripted walkthrough...
1) Download the software from http://dnsredirector.com/download
2) Right-click on the .zip you downloaded, select Properties, click the Unblock button
(if this button is not present just proceed), click OK, then extract to C:\DNSREDIR
3) In the C:\DNSREDIR folder, right-click on _setup_.bat and select "Run as administrator"
4) Follow the prompts on-screen
Manual method: Online walkthrough...
- DNS Redirector will be running on Windows Server 2019/2016/2012 or 2008 R2 SP1 ?
Expert method: Show me everything...
- Proceed to the Full Readme which describes all .ini settings, and hosted pages (IIS) setup.